Friday 12 December 2008

Manifestation of a vast spectre


My dear Professor M.

A most remarkable thing! Whist continuing my researches into the practicable applications of your most excellent Spectrograph, a random power surge resulted in the manifestation of a vast spectre. This cloaked and hooded phantasm which seemed to be of an entirely insubstantial nature, more gaseous than solid, stood (or I should say hovered) by my, admittedly rough, approximation at about eight feet in height, it is difficult to be precise as it had a slight oscillation slowly rising and falling.
I attempted to communicate with it but the absence of any recognizable physiognomy seemed to preclude speech. and after pointing at me in a portentous fashion it proceeded to vanish in a cloud of vapour.
I confess to being somewhat unsettled by this occurence and would like to know if anything similar has happened before.
I shall endeavour to duplicate the circumstances and will attempt to record (with my trusty daguerreotype) any results

I remain your affectionate friend

Clement P. Daedelus. Prof

No comments:

Post a Comment